No course in biology can be considered as complete without including some practical work in it. Biology is a scientific topic, thus it should be learned through experimental methods. The laboratory makes teaching of Biology more meaningful and interesting.
To make the study of Biology livelier, the school has a well-equipped Biology laboratory with microscopes, preserved specimens, slides, models and bio-visual charts which emphasize on developing scientific temper among students. In the Biology lab, the students are encouraged to learn through experiments and understand various concepts beyond their books away from the conventional classroom teaching. Observations and experiments make learning more interesting and fun. Students enjoy performing experiments as they learn something new from the results. Every student from class IX to XII gets a chance to perform the practical themselves under the supervision of the teachers.
Salient features of our Biology lab are as follows:
- Biology Lab is well ventilated and is made as per the norms of CBSE.
- Practical’s are demonstrated by the well qualified teachers.
- Every student is given an opportunity to conduct Hands on practical.
- A lab assistant always assists the teacher during practicals.
- Audio-visual aids are available with smart board.
- Do’s and don’ts are properly displayed.
- First aid facility is always available as and when required.
- Students are given enough opportunity to enhance their talent in science by making models, charts, projects etc.
- Times to time science exhibitions, quizzes, seminars etc. are also conducted.
Every year our Biology lab is furnished with the latest instruments, specimens, charts etc.